Thanks to my ideas involving various Monopoly pieces and one yet to be realised (there just aren’t enough hours in the day) using those little pieces of “pie” from Trivial Pursuit sets, I have wound up with several second hand, charity shop finds Monopoly sets and one of the aforementioned Trivial Pursuit. All bought for the pieces. Which left me with rather a lot of play money and game cards which I did not know what the hell to do with. Until (eventually, I might add), the proverbial lightning bolt struck…
Game Card Key Rings ~ A Numpty Recipe
Take one hopeful idea
A whole lot of Googling
And more Monopoly money than any sane person should own:
Some extensive eBaying research
A trip to Staples
And a laminator (swiped, temporarily, from the office):
Brace self for using scary eyelet bunch (result of eBay research):
Go forth and laminate!
I bought a bunch of different sized laminate sheets for this. The ones that worked really well were actually for making your own luggage tags – you can see their original shape in the photo of the £100 note above. A pair of sharp scissors, a little patience and quite a lot of holding my breath took care of the rest. Time consuming, and a little tricky, but definitely worth it.
The eyelet punch, while a little scary, did work pretty well. It just took a bit of getting used to. And it certainly achieved the desired effect:
I’m really pleased with how they turned out in the end, and thrilled that I finally found a use for all the money and game cards! Something a little different, I think...